EK on Amazon 08-24-15

This forum is for KittenCorps members and guests.
Powers Of Tesla

EK on Amazon 08-24-15

Postby Powers Of Tesla » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Below is the email chain between Elan and myself about EK hitting Amazon today.

> Elan
> Eric 'Trinkets&Nopes' Baumgarten found both Standard and NSFW EK decks on Amazon, being sold by Exploding Kittens, LLC and fullfilled by Amazon for $20 each. If it actually is you that's fine, but whether it is or not I'd get ready for an onslaught of cranky emails from backers who haven't gotten their cards yet or had emails answered.
>
> Bob

-----Response from Elan------
> yup, we went live today!
>
> We'll be announcing it officially at noon. (wanted to give the people who subscribed to our mailing list a few hours of uninterrupted ordering :)
>
> Elan

-----My reply to Elan-----
I hope you're prepared for a hell of a backlash. From the Kickstarter campaign page..... "The NSFW deck Kickstarter exclusive"

There is a whirlwind of discontent coming. Best of luck.

-----Last response from Elan-----
ya. I know.

But we had to rip off this band aid eventually

I will confess I am disappointed by this rather cavalier response to what I took to be a promise made. From the Exploding Kittens web page it seems like you will at some point be allowed to purchase the magnetic clasp box with the "Special Surprise". Which again was advertised as a Kickstarter exclusive. Perhaps they will only sell whatever extra stock they have on hand, but again, I am disappointed.

Trinketseb

Re: EK on Amazon 08-24-15

Postby Trinketseb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:36 pm

And the plot thickens....

I, for one, do not care that it is KS exclusive or not. It had ZERO bearing on my purchase. With hundreds of thousands of decks already out there due to the HUGE-NESS that became of the KS project, it's not like our exclusives were THAT exclusive. I am guessing, but they probably have a pile of one's left over from the campaign and need to unload those.

I am sure that others bought extras, due to the fact of them supposedly being KS exclusive. That bites for those who have. It's still a fun game and hopefully the backlash will.not be too extreme.

BaKhan

Postby BaKhan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Hmmm.... Well a few thoughts.

I have no problem with them selling the NSFW deck. I just wish they wouldn't have said it was is exclusive.

I'm assuming the short response was a time thing, not actually cavalier.

The fun with the comment section is going to continue for quite a while now.

Trinketseb

Postby Trinketseb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:48 pm

I hope my last post didn't make me sound like a jerk. If it does, I totally don't mean it to. Even though I happen to be ok with it, I really do understand and feel bad for everyone who really are unhappy with the exclusives being made publicly available. I am a little disheartened that it happened. Kind of feels like we were lied to. And I know the circumstances of the enormity of the project are making things challenging for the EK team,but it is somewhat deflating.

Trinketseb

Postby Trinketseb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:51 pm

@BaKhan, ain't that the truth!!

Zem the Mattress

Postby Zem the Mattress » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:53 pm

I didn't completely expect the NSFW to stay exclusive, in fact I'm glad it's out there to fit in the niche Cards Against Humanity exploded in. The box, though, I did hope to stay exclusive, so I'm hoping it really is just the extras made and that they'll go for so much extra. And I don't think they should've fulfilled EVERY person's wishes who hasn't had it delivered because that'll be until probably near Christmas time! I just hope most of the butthurt people who didn't get theirs don't dust off their pitchforks and torches quite yet.
From the planet Sqornshellous Zeta. Resident expert in gibbering, vooning, willomying, quirruling, globbering, lurgling, and- most importantly- flolloping.

Lord Zombitten

Postby Lord Zombitten » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:58 pm

They will. I'm also glad the NSFW deck is available. I'm sure I'll wear out the cards at some point. Really, I didn't like the idea of not being able to replace them when that happens.

Trinketseb

Postby Trinketseb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:50 pm

Might I suggest sleeves, @LZ. I.know the cards don't fit in the regular deck box after that, but it's cheaper than a whole new game and will outlast multiple non-sleeved copies of the game. There isn't a game we play where we haven't sleeved it. Except for Talisman. Evil, evil Talisman.

Zem the Mattress

Postby Zem the Mattress » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:05 pm

I just don't see the deal with sleeves. Cards can last forever if well kept, though mine are getting to the bent stage soon, and if they do get messed up, just keep the old deck for memories if you want and get a new regular deck to replace it. Sleeves are inconvenient and awkward to hold for me. These weren't made to be revered, they were made to be played, so that's what I'm going to do. I've only ever had one card in a sleeve, and that was a fairly rare pokemon card that came in one.
From the planet Sqornshellous Zeta. Resident expert in gibbering, vooning, willomying, quirruling, globbering, lurgling, and- most importantly- flolloping.

The Doc

Postby The Doc » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm ok with the nsfw selling st retail ... Was hoping for it anyway....but the box...with suprise....that's disappointing....
Keep Calm I'm The Doctor