Working Title(s): The Lore of the 'Core / The Book of Kittens

This forum is for KittenCorps members and guests.
The Ex-President

Working Title(s): The Lore of the 'Core / The Book of Kittens

Postby The Ex-President » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Verbatim pasting from KS comments:
"Right, before I wander off to find my bed, the other little thing on my todo list will be posted in the kittencorps forum. For those wanting to partake of it, send you comments there please. I will eventually catch up with everything.
The item todo is: Craft a book of Lore/Quotes/Law/History of the rise of the 'Corps and it's members. Addons/amendments/Wars can be added or merged at a later stage."

:idea: This idea sprung on me a while ago and was inspired by the first ever 'Corps Comics that were put up. We really need to see more of those. :idea:

The main idea here is to gather all the data, facts, sidenotes, e-mails (where applicable).
Smash it together, fry it up, dry it out, sift it, mix with some herbs and spice and finally add some water.
Bake for 24 days @ 120 degrees C or until golden brown. (Fruitcake will be included, if only to be blown up)
(Thanks a bundle to CB and GC for providing most of the data that I will need for some side projects, including map expansions)

The end result will hopefully be an Epic Tome of the history of the corps, our interactions with each other, the KS comment(ers/tards, pick your fancy), and the creators of the EK Campaign. Included will be little adventures, or sallies, of our otherwordly exploits (ie. those that did not happen on the internet, or in Derp's case, those that did not happen in the ocean).
There may also be books inside the book, as most religious texts seem to think this is a good idea, where I will condense the infinite wisdom of the 'Corps and extrude it in verse form, or in quotable snippets for easy consumption/reference.

If others can do this, why can't we?

Saga's will also be included, such as the riddle 'hour' and Creeper's 'precious'. So this should become a fairly hefty Tome by the time I'm done.

Thoughts and Comments are welcome. Drafts will be sent out either on a chapter base, or when I get halfway through a section.
There is no timeline on this one and I might not keep up with all the comments spawned. I will not forget about this thread and there will be an Epic Tome released at some point in the future. I haven't forgotten about the maps either. Nor about Prof F and sticking his icon on the Moon.

Thank you all for being awesome!!!!!!

On a side note, when this does eventually surface, would you like to have a physical copy of the book? And if we go that route, should we make it available for others, not just the 'Corps?
And on that side note, should we maybe flog this to a publisher at the end and raise some money? Possibly to help out the creators attend a 'Con or two? Thoughts welcome.
========

TL;DR
Ug the caveman says:
"Ug make book, Ug like book, friends of Ug help Ug write book."
:arrow: Stomping out ignorance through enforced debate, inflatable pool noodles or catnip sandwiches as required to maintain the remaining shreds of sanity that are drifting through the KittenCorps universe. :!:

Lord Zombitten

Re: Working Title(s): The Lore of the 'Core / The Book of Kittens

Postby Lord Zombitten » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:56 pm

I think this is a great idea. It's what I originally had in mind with the comic. I know we need more. I'll see what I can do about that.

Zem the Mattress

Postby Zem the Mattress » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:14 pm

It will take alot of research and back-reading, but it'd be worth it. And you know what for? The 100,000th comment celebration! And if anyone has connections with a talk-show host to get this on the show, I'd be great with a published copy of it! We'll need all the people who dropped out after the campaign because they were there at the inception and evolution of the corps and I joined later, 3 or 4 days from the end of the campaign.

TL;DR
Zem Ug's friend. Zem collaborate with Ug if Ug need help in Zem's limited experience in Corps which leaves out all but mostly what happened after the campaign ended. Ug need find more friend to help with memories.

TL;DR: TL;DR
Zem like idea. Good luck Ug.

TL;DR: TL;DR: TL;DR
:D
From the planet Sqornshellous Zeta. Resident expert in gibbering, vooning, willomying, quirruling, globbering, lurgling, and- most importantly- flolloping.

Powers Of Tesla

Postby Powers Of Tesla » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:44 pm

This sounds like an incredibly time intensive winner. And yes, I'd love a copy if it is ever hard bound in to one (or more) volumes. I am happy to lend whatever information/assistance I can when asked, but this project would be beyond my ability to put together.

Kudos, The Ex-President, and also Huzzah!

Trinketseb

Postby Trinketseb » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 am

Capital idea, TeP!!

Ok, I have an idea for the retelling of the Kitten Corps, narrated by a really, really old ProfessorF, reminiscing about it from a chair, sitting by the fire of his really old moon base far in the future. Kind of an Orson Wells vibe.

TheCreeper

Postby TheCreeper » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:14 am

The mystery of great disappearance of Villain Professor F and his Bride Blondie!

Idle/Wild

Postby Idle/Wild » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:06 am

I'm most certain you meant streaking by the fire, amirite? Which would make it more of a Lovecraft vibe.

The Doc

Postby The Doc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:35 pm

I would love a copy of this ......sounds super time consuming and I love it
Keep Calm I'm The Doctor

Trinketseb

Postby Trinketseb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:00 am

Lore of the core of the Corps!!

Or not, what evs.

TheCreeper