Bella and PoT meet, and discuss many new things

This forum is for KittenCorps members and guests.
Powers Of Tesla

Bella and PoT meet, and discuss many new things

Postby Powers Of Tesla » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:30 pm

Not for public consumption, which is why it's here and not on the comment section of the KS campaign page.

Just had lunch and conversation with Bella (and her friend Rob) there was much to discuss.

The creative team is exploring other game possibilities, new games, a possible electronic version is being kicked around, and expansion packs are definitely in the offing. The upshot is that Exploding Kittens, LLC will be continuing into the future. They are focusing all of their attention on meeting their goal of 100% fulfillment on the KS campaign, and it is proving a challenge due to the language barriers of a worldwide audience, the shear scope of what they are attempting and the astounding number of people who CAN read English, but won't.

They seem to have an extensive list of expansion pack possibilities, but if you have thoughts along those lines you might want to send Elan or Bella a quick email, try to keep it succinct. I have already suggested Bob Cats, so we're covered there.

The team is incredibly busy. Shane has a day job, Matt has his Oatmeal commitments and Elan is flying all over to meet his responsibilities promoting the game and driving interest, I inquired if there was any interest in a Kitten-Con and there was interest expressed. If we can get it together (I suggested piggybacking on a another gaming con to begin with) and give sufficient notice, we may be able to get some of the creative team to show up. I am fairly certain there would expenses to pay and more than likely an honorarium to the individuals, details would need to be hammered out

That's it for now. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll upload a photo of the two of us.

Powers Of Tesla

Re: Bella and PoT meet, and discuss many new things

Postby Powers Of Tesla » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:36 pm

WP_20150808_003.jpg
WP_20150808_003.jpg (782.53 KiB) Viewed 8065 times

Lord Zombitten

Postby Lord Zombitten » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Well done, PoT! So now we know there's interest, we should start having serious discussions about a Kitten-Con. I think we should wait until the Kickstarter mess is all cleaned up, so doing it next year would probably be best.

Powers Of Tesla

Postby Powers Of Tesla » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:28 pm

There is no doubt that next year is the absolute earliest this could happen. And I firmly believe that hooking up with an established gaming con is the best strategy for making this thing work. Perhaps we won't make enough to get anyone from the creative team to come, but we need to establish a fan base that Is willing to travel and attend, and we need to learn how to market to the fan base as it expands.

Powers Of Tesla

Postby Powers Of Tesla » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Another something that came up today.... House rules. Have you instituted any house rules? You know, something you think works really well and improves game play? (besides drinking)

Let them know. The team is still looking for ways to improve game play, if there is something you think works after playing it a while send them an email. Put something like "HOUSE RULES GAME PLAY" in the subject line. Do not expect a reply for a while. They are still buckling under the weight of fulfillment.

Zem the Mattress

Postby Zem the Mattress » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Definitely announce some new additions like the possible new versions, electronic game, and expansion decks to be released beforehand and release them at the convention to increase the attendance level as well. What are some possible Cons we could be piggy-backing?
From the planet Sqornshellous Zeta. Resident expert in gibbering, vooning, willomying, quirruling, globbering, lurgling, and- most importantly- flolloping.

Lord Zombitten

Postby Lord Zombitten » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:10 am

In Salt Lake, there's one called Gamer Con every year. Beyond that, I don't know much. I have some friends in the business, and I bagage bunch of convention-going gamer friends, and also Google, so obtaining information shouldn't be too difficult.

I assume we would be looking at renting a room from the host convention for a specific timeslot on a particular day, yes? With the understanding that the cost would depend on the convention and location, do we have any idea approximately what it would cost?

Zem the Mattress

Postby Zem the Mattress » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:01 am

And if we're just doing that, will it be possible to do several conventions? Just one room at one convention seems kinda sad for how much of a success this game was and looks like it will continue to be. Though I guess we'll know more about that as the time comes on.
From the planet Sqornshellous Zeta. Resident expert in gibbering, vooning, willomying, quirruling, globbering, lurgling, and- most importantly- flolloping.

Lord Zombitten

Postby Lord Zombitten » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:24 am

Well, most games at conventions just get a booth, so an entire room at the convention would be pretty good.

Powers Of Tesla

Postby Powers Of Tesla » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:38 am

I must confess that I am not really a "gamer" per se. What I know about most games invented since 1980 could be written on the head of a pin with a crayon. That said, I have heard about a big convention in Indianapolis called Gen Con. What would it cost to hire a room, what could be done to get some of the creative team there? I have no idea. If anyone has experience with this type of thing PLEASE, step up and let us know. I have certainly never so much as attended a convention, forget working with one. Now would probably be the time to start getting things together for some type of event next year. If it doesn't seem likely we can work something out with an existing con, then lets look at putting together a small event at a hotel somewhere, hire a conference room for a weekend and just get together and have a good time.