PoT's Brandied Cherry Bread Pudding w/Brandied Cherry Hard Sauce
• 2 Cups half-and-half
• 2 Cups Heavy Cream
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• French bread (I use 1 baguette from my local store)
• 1 Cup Brandied Cherries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
1. Blend half-and-half, cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth. Cut bread into 1 inch cubes and soak in the egg/cream mixture until well sodden and arrange in 10-12 individual baking dishes (I use 8oz. ramekins), do not press bread down. chop brandied cherries and sprinkle liberally throughout as you put bread in dishes. Pour any remaining egg mixture over bread.
2. Place baking dish in a large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with water halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
3. Bake in preheated oven until set, about 1 hour. Serve warm.
Brandied Cherry Hard Sauce
1/2 cup butter
2 tbl. water
1 large egg
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbl. brandy
3 Brandied cherries per individual serving, cut in half
In 1-quart saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over low heat; do not allow to simmer. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes. Mix water and 1 egg in small bowl; stir into butter until blended. Stir in 1 cup sugar. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to boil; remove from heat. Stir in brandy and cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Arrange halved cherries on top of puddings and spoon warm sauce over them before serving. Try it with a dollop of home made whipped cream.
This forum is for KittenCorps members and guests.