DDD plugs his own crap.

This forum is for KittenCorps members and guests.
DDD

DDD plugs his own crap.

Postby DDD » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Hey guys, didn't want to fully bandwagon on EK's followers for some extra views, but I thought some of the core corps might be interested in other things I'm up to. If not, then please ignore :)

Here's a short animated film I made last year. It was part of the Pens To Lens Screenwriting competition where K-12 students submit short screenplays, and local filmmakers turn them into films. The competition concludes with a fun red-carpet gala for the kids where all films are shown up on the big screen.

Submissions are in for this year's competition, so I've got some reading to do, and will hopefully have something else to share later this year.

Anyway here's: The Brainstorm - (8:32) written by an 8th grader, directed and animated by me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YZmA6dYTI
Enjoy! ...or not. It's your 8 and a half minutes, I'm not gonna tell you what to do with your time.

Idle/Wild

Re: DDD plugs his own crap.

Postby Idle/Wild » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:50 pm

Heheh that was good :)

DDD

Postby DDD » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:07 pm

TheCreeper

Postby TheCreeper » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:09 pm

yay!! That was fantastic! And the kid wrote a pretty good story, too! :D

DDD

Postby DDD » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks for watching Creeper :) Yeah, I was pleased to be able to take on a script that was actually pretty solid. Silly, but fun and structured. The biggest problem you see with these kids' scripts is the lack of something that feels like a definitive beginning middle and end. But that can be tough with short format for any age writer. Very excited to see what the kids put out this year.